This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [FINALLY]: Mutt-1.4-1 package ready
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>,"Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:01:45 +1000
- Subject: Re: [FINALLY]: Mutt-1.4-1 package ready
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKAEKNDBAA.email@example.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Cygwin-Apps" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 11:59 AM
Subject: RE: [FINALLY]: Mutt-1.4-1 package ready
> > Also, libintl2 requires libiconv2, so he should only need to depend on
> > libintl2. Similarly, libncurses6 requires terminfo, so he should only
> > need to depend on libncurses6.
> http://cygwin.com/setup.html#setup.hint recommends this:
> "Hierarchical dependencies should work correctly, however, it is best to
> include specific dependencies, i.e. don't drop 'bar' from your dependency
> if your package requires it, even if you are including 'foo' which relies
Read it more closely! That paragraph describes the following -direct-
package: foo bar
but.. the mutt situation is (truncated)
so listing terminfo IS incorrect, unless a -direct- dependency exists.