This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling setup.exe with the new gcc-2
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:03:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compiling setup.exe with the new gcc-2
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <3D2D8D1F.email@example.com> <3D2D9901.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Thursday, July 11, 2002, 4:41:05 PM, you wrote:
>> Which leads me to conclude that the logic for the gcc-2/g++-2 specs no
>> longer includes /usr/include/w32api in its default search path.
>> Anyhow, I thought I'd post this for anyone who is trying to compile
>> setup.exe with the new gcc-2/g++-2. The answer is to include
>> -I/usr/include/w32api in your CPPFLAGS until this gets cleared up.
NW> Strike that, that didn't fix the problem. I'm looking into it now.
windres is part of binutils not the gcc suite. I just hacked my way
through this by setting --include-dir=/usr/include/w32api.. I guess
a configure test doesn't get the proper value.