This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe and replacing of in-use files
- From: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: Cygwin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:09:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup.exe and replacing of in-use files
- References: <00e901c22b37$327d8e00$5aa907d5@BRAMSCHE>
Ralf Habacker wrote:
Why don't you ASK them to allow you to create folders. Explain why you
need them. Have you tried logging in to your shell account and manually
create the subdirs? Also, you could just use Upset on your own machine
to generate the ini file, then strip the directories away...
Who is creating kde's setup.ini? Are they writing it by hand,
By hand, because sourceforge does not allow any subdirs in the download area, so
upset and other scripts are not usable:-(
If the former, then the human who wrote it is WRONG. the package name
for the file 'kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2' is 'kde-x' -- so the @ line should be
not kde_x ?
No, as Robert mentioned it should be @ kde-x