This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Installation Classes for setup.exe [was RE: LibICE.DLL is a BIG problem]
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "'Nicholas Wourms'" <nwourms at yahoo dot com>,"'cygx'" <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:40:56 +1000
- Subject: RE: Installation Classes for setup.exe [was RE: LibICE.DLL is a BIG problem]
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Nicholas Wourms
> Sent: Tuesday, 16 July 2002 3:04 AM
> To: cygx
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Installation Classes for setup.exe [was RE:
> LibICE.DLL is a BIG problem]
> Instead of bitching, all people have to do is click once on
> the "default"
> option and it will switch to "install". This installs
> everything except
> the test packages. If only people would try to figure it out a little
> before complaining. Although, I suppose eventually we'll have to get
> setup to give people the option of:
> 1)Minimal Install (currently "default")
> 2)Standard Install
> 3)Full Install (currently ("install")
> n1) [Install Type n1]
> n2) [Install Type n2]
> [CHECK BOX 1] Install experimental packages?
> [CHECK BOX 2] Customize package selection?
Funnily enough: this
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-03/msg00228.html may be
very similar to what you are talking about.