This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Diffs for setup.exe unattended mode
- From: Harry Johnston <harry at scms dot waikato dot ac dot nz>
- To: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:10:50 +1200
- Subject: Re: Diffs for setup.exe unattended mode
- References: <email@example.com>
At 06:55 PM 02/07/23, Robert Collins wrote:
I worked it out enough to checkout and diff, but I wasn't sure of the
procedure for checking in - I assumed anonymous access wouldn't allow it
anyway, sounds like I was right.
It looks good overall. You should be using CVS to generate diffs, so
that you are generating against the latest code. Have a look at the
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html page for CVS info
(follow the pointers) and if you need further assistance let me know.
Your patch looks like it was done against CVS though - so I'm not quite
sure of your query about CVS.
I didn't have time to figure out exactly what was happening, but in my
build at least the StringOption object returned an empty string when you
used the long option name. (On the other hand my build was a lot bigger
than the release build and I'm not sure why, so maybe it's something local
- I did have to use gcc-2 to get it to build at all.)
> -R directory
> Specifies the root installation directory. (The long option is --root
> but long string options don't currently work.)
Huh? In what sense don't they work?
Harry Johnston, http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~harry