This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Openjade Segmentation Fault
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Javier J." <javierj_es at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com, Jon Foster <jon at jon-foster dot co dot uk>, Markus Hoenicka <Markus dot Hoenicka at uth dot tmc dot edu>, Markus Hoenicka <hoenicka_markus at compuserve dot com>, <Openjade-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net>, Nicholas Wourms <nwourms at netscape dot net>, Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:02:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: Openjade Segmentation Fault
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Am Montag, 22. Juli 2002 um 18:01 schriebst du:
> I want to get jade and related packages on my
> Windows 2000 + Cygwin system, and test them
> with 'DocBook: The Definitive Guide' (from
> I've tried with openjade and related packages,
> downloaded from 'http://www.toomanysecrets.net/
> ~foster/cygwin/'. As binaries were put at
> '/usr/bin' (that is, my
> 'c:/Programas/cygwin/usr/bin' folder) i had to
> move them to '/bin' (i.e. my
> 'c:/Programas/cygwin/bin' folder)
> Now, the program crashes and i do not know
> what goes wrong and what to do. Someone has faced
> a similar problem? Any help here?
Nicholas wrote about this:
"The last time I checked, there were some packaging issues. If you will
notice, he made tarballs with a "." in the path. For some reason, setup
can't handle this and ends up sticking the openjade binaries in the
folder usr/bin [instead of sticking it in bin/]. Of course since
/usr/bin is a virtual folder inside cygwin, the end result is that
Cygwin will refuse to acknowledge the existance of the openjade
binaries. Otherwise, with some minor tweaking of teTeX and the addition
of pdfjadetex/sgmlutils/sgmlutils-lite/docbook-utils, I was able to get
a fairly decent docbook build environment set up. Jon's email is
bouncing, so I've had no way to contact him regarding this..."
> ~# openjade -v
> openjade:I: OpenJade version "1.3.1"
> openjade:I: OpenSP version "1.3.4"
> ~# cd ~/sgml/dbguide/
> ~# openjade -trtf \
> -d/usr/share/sgml/docbook-dsssl/print/docbook.dsl \
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook-3.1/docbook.dcl fulltext.sgm
> Segmentation Fault
What does 'cygcheck -svr' tell us?
Please F'UP to cygwin at cygwin.com
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
from squid/acinclude.m4, Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002