This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/etc/profile package maintainer (Was: problems with XFree)
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:14:09 +0100
- Subject: /etc/profile package maintainer (Was: problems with XFree)
- References: <NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCCEHNDCAA.firstname.lastname@example.org><1027581804.15829.1.camel@lifelesswks>
On 25 Jul 02, in cygwin-xfree, Robert Collins writes:
> I've been trying for *ages* to get /etc/profile to be an external file.
> "All' it needs is *someone* willing to be a package maintainer for it.
> Hardly an onerous role, yet no one seems willing to do it.
> As soon as someone emails me with their willingness, I can provide the
> relevant tarall immediately, and that person then can just add
> /usr/X11R6/bin to the path in /etc/profile.
I'm willing to do this.
It will be a few days before I can assemble the package, though.