This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /etc/profile package maintainer (Was: problems with XFree)
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: 25 Jul 2002 20:29:05 +1000
- Subject: Re: /etc/profile package maintainer (Was: problems with XFree)
- References: <NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCCEHNDCAA.firstname.lastname@example.org><1027581804.15829.1.camel@lifelesswks> <7304-Thu25Jul2002111409email@example.com>
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 20:14, David Starks-Browning wrote:
> On 25 Jul 02, in cygwin-xfree, Robert Collins writes:
> > I've been trying for *ages* to get /etc/profile to be an external file.
> > "All' it needs is *someone* willing to be a package maintainer for it.
> > Hardly an onerous role, yet no one seems willing to do it.
> > As soon as someone emails me with their willingness, I can provide the
> > relevant tarall immediately, and that person then can just add
> > /usr/X11R6/bin to the path in /etc/profile.
> I'm willing to do this.
Thanks for the offer David... John Marshall has already volunteered
off-list though (after a few questions to ascertain the work it
I don't care who maintains it - I'm going to work on the basis of it
being John until I'm told otherwise :}.