This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: /etc/profile package maintainer (Was: problems with XFree)
- From: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Morrison, John" <John dot Morrison at uk dot experian dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: 25 Jul 2002 20:57:54 +1000
- Subject: RE: /etc/profile package maintainer (Was: problems with XFree)
- References: <CCD084B0E779D411A70300508B66222605A32A67@exchukahis02.experian.co.uk>
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 20:40, Morrison, John wrote:
> > From: Robert Collins [mailto:email@example.com]
> > On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 20:14, David Starks-Browning wrote:
> > > On 25 Jul 02, in cygwin-xfree, Robert Collins writes:
> > > > I've been trying for *ages* to get /etc/profile to be an
> > external file.
> > > > "All' it needs is *someone* willing to be a package
> > maintainer for it.
> > > > Hardly an onerous role, yet no one seems willing to do it.
> > > >
> > > > As soon as someone emails me with their willingness, I
> > can provide the
> > > > relevant tarall immediately, and that person then can just add
> > > > /usr/X11R6/bin to the path in /etc/profile.
> > >
> > > Rob,
> > >
> > > I'm willing to do this.
> Sorry David, I should have ack'd this publically.
> > Thanks for the offer David... John Marshall has already volunteered
> I think you mean me ;)
John M, well I got most of it right :}. Yes, I did mean you.
Sorry - I will drink more coffee now :}.