This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Skel files
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- To: John Morrison <john dot r dot morrison at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:27:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Skel files
- References: <NCEBJJFMCAOKNNABBFIMCEGOCEAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
John Morrison wrote:
> There. Quite long and slightly rambly. However, what do
> people think; aye or nay? The copy _will_ be done as part
> of $HOME creation, default files would be a bonus I believe.
> Some of the files I have on my system which I believe could
> have defaults...
> .bashrc No
> .bash_profile No
> .login No
> .logout No
> .xinit Yes - But should be copied only by the X11 package or perhaps RXVT.
> .pinerc Yes - But should be copied only by the PINE package
> .inputrc No
> .vimrc Yes - But should be copied only by the VIM package
> .xserverrc Yes - But should be copied only by the X11 package needing it