This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: profile package
- From: Hack Kampbjørn <cygwin-apps at hack dot kampbjorn dot com>
- To: Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:27:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: profile package
- References: <NCEBJJFMCAOKNNABBFIMKEHKCEAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
John Morrison wrote:
> There's now a 1.0-2. Added a little more functionality and
> lots more comments.
> I've not recieved much feedback wrt this. Come on folks -
> what do you think?
> sdesc: "Core common files needed for correct operation of cygwin"
> ldesc: "Core common files needed for correct operation of cygwin"
> category: base
What about depending on all the programs called in the scripts like:
# cp, mkdir -> fileutils
# hostname, id -> sh-utils
# sh -> ash
# tr -> textutils
requires: ash fileutils sh-utils textutils
Maybe the postinstall script could create the directory structure: /dev,
/home, /var, /tmp, symlink hosts and services to the real windows files
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards