Re: procps-010801 package

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Ok, anybody looked into this and/or votes for inclusion?

Corinna

I've checked it out, and it installs fine. I'd be wary about using a lowercase "c" in /usr/doc/cygwin [should be /usr/doc/Cygwin], but I think someone already mentioned this. After installing, I tried some of the utils on WindowsME running the latest cvs-built dll. "procps" works fine except for the HZ warning message which was previously discussed [Unknown HZ value! (0) Assume 100.]. "top" displays the processes, but every process stat is 0. I can't remeber if this was already discussed. The free/used system memory statistics are accurate, though. The source package is ok, but it would probably be a good idea to include the build instructions (however obvious they may seem) in the CYGWIN-PATCHES dir. Still, IMHO, these utilities are core to cygwin and efforts to integrate with the default ps would be nice. Cygwin is sorely in need of a good top utility, so this one gets my vote. I certainly can't ever remeber being on a *nix box without top & friends.

Cheers,
Nicholas