Re: Pending packages status

2. CMake
3. tmake

I still have to learn the difference between the two, they seems pretty similiar, from the ldesc...

Let's see their home website:

CMake seems to be some kind of "autoconf" but not only generates Makefiles but also other kind of files, this could be quite useful for mingw/cygwin/visualC projects, of course there exists already the win32 version but "some of us" prefer cygwin versions (e.g. I use cygwin's gnupg, not win32's... this way I know where is my home directory and the such).
That's a vote from me.

tmake says to be sueful to "manage" Makefiles, but its sense is not clear to me.
Someone has some argument regarding its usefullness (I'm not saying it is not useful, I just want to know HOW it is useful)... and I have no time to download ad "experimenti with it a bit"... but this is a bit OT of course, in case send me a private message maybe.

Lapo

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)