Re: Sorry Robert, your bugfix hasn't entirely worked.

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 11:16, Max Bowsher wrote:

> PS: Attached is a patch which colour-codes version numbers in setup.
> Obviously its going to require much discussion before checkin, but it is
> what allowed me to notice the bug so easily.
>
> The colour code is:
> Dark Blue:    [curr]
> Cyan:    [prev]
> Yellow-Brown: [prev]
> Red:    not in setup.ini at all. (i.e. ancient)

Ok, concept wise, I'm ok but not enthusiastic. Firstly, not having a
trust level, does not mean not in setup.ini at all.

With merged setup.ini's, version skew can occur between the ini files,
and there are only three trust slots. Thus the sorted list of versions
to iterate through.

Secondly, for colour insensitive or colour blind folk, this may be more
of an annoyance than anything else. I'd rather mark the version with
by screen readers in the future, and won't play visibility games with
folk. We can do both in fact - would you like to get setup to do both
and resubmit?

Rob
--
---