Re: Setup command-line interface

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 21:46, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Will the engine have any command line parsing capability? Or will the
> GUI/CLI parse the parameters, and make a call to the engine API to tell it
> about them? I am undecided what is better.

Likewise. Given the wonderful, distributed GetOpt++, we don't lose any
flexability by having the engine have parameters.

> > I do want us to get something MVC-like, in the long term.
>
> What's MVC?

Model-View-Controller. See for instance, Krasner and Pope, Journal of
OOP august/september 1988.

> > And a personal goal is a native cygwin commandline only engine.
>
> That would be neat. Are we talking about multiple .exes which depend on a
> (static / dynamic) library, or putting several interfaces into one binary?

One or the other :}.

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.