Re: "Mirrors list order is snafued" - What is the order supposed tobe?

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Lapo Luchini wrote:

LL> I guess the best would be to sort by "ping time" (smalest to bigger) to
LL> help reduce unnecessary trans-oceanic downloads.
LL> But of course it would need to check them each time... or may it be
LL> cached in the local setup.ini?

Ping time would probably be rather unfriendly to the mirrors :-)
I was thinking treeview Continent/Country/Site.

LL> Also: setup.bz2 couln't be checked for size/date and not be downloaded
LL> again each time? Just a MINOR issue of course.

This probably *is* worth doing though. Multi-mirror downloads are a pain
when you have to wait ages to get all the .inis. So best would be
size/date, and don't bother at all if the local .ini for that site is less
than (say) 5 minutes old.

Let's bash out some details, and then add this to the todo list.

Max.