Re: pdksh package proposal (AT&T ksh93 info)

Elfyn McBratney wrote:

No problem...I was waiting to see if the AT&T ksh would crop up so jumped at
the chance when I saw yours and Igor's message :-)

I have a script to build the AT&T ksh93 if you want to work on beating it into package form. We use ksh93 and some other things for a build system where I work, and it has been running quite well. I am busy enough with Cygwin emacs stuff as it is, and have no time for working on a ksh93 package.

I also have an email from the ksh authors with the conditions for releasing a
Cygwin package for ksh93.  I don't think there was anything objectionable --
they just want patches fed back to them and that sort of thing.

ksh is actually part of a UNIX portability framework that includes all sorts of
other things, both commands and libraries.  But you don't need most of the
other stuff if you just want to package ksh.
--
Joe Buehler