This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: when is next release of setup.exe
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "linda w \(cyg\)" <cygwin at tlinx dot org>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:12:30 -0000
- Subject: Re: when is next release of setup.exe
- References: <email@example.com>
linda w (cyg) wrote:
> I tried it with eliminating the argument...seems to run...
> Now I'm worried...why'd it work?....cause I happen to have all
> the right libraries in place and a generic new-user wouldn't
> have them?....
No, because that option, in this specific case, is a no-op.
--disable-shared is a directive to libtool.
bz2lib and zlib don't use libtool.
libgetopt++ does use libtool, but doesn't use the -no-undefined option, so
libtool doesn't build shared on Windows anyway.