This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[setup TODO] Proposed prioritization of TODO items
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:29:03 -0000
- Subject: [setup TODO] Proposed prioritization of TODO items
Here is a proposal for relative priorities of setup TODO items.
TODO (ideally for next release):
* Don't downgrade if the curr version is <= installed?
* Mark versions as prev/curr/test in the GUI when clicking through them.
* Remove *empty* directories on uninstalls. (done?)
* Correctly overwrite -r--r--r-- files. (done?)
* Going back, changing the local cache dir, and going forward again does
correctly reparse inis in the new dir.
Reproduction: Choose an incorrect cache dir, go back, correct it.
Chooser shows all packages in Misc.
* "compress_bz::error called" appears in the log every time a package is
installed, even if everything works.
* Cancelling during MD5 check just stops the GUI updating until the check
completes, and then continues with setup as if Cancel had not been
* Toggling from All Default to All Install takes *way* too long.
TODO (longer term):
* Chooser scrollbar sometimes lost with odd font sizes.
* Make setup.exe available through Add/Remove
* Support rpm/deb files for reading the package from. (To allow the
maintainers the use of rpm/deb tools to create packages.)
* Make a librar(y|ies) for setup and cygcheck to use containing
1) Something to translate POSIX -> native. Currently called "cygpath"
in setup, although this is probably a bad choice of name.
2) Something to return the list of installed packages.
3) Something to return the cygwin mount table. Currently, I have
a lightweight setmntent and getmntent using the code in
**** Can anyone complete the sentence? --------------------->
4) Something to parse a tar file name into package/version or
return that information from 2)
5) Something to return a list of files associated with a package.