This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup wishlist -- a 'hold' options
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Joshua Daniel Franklin" <joshuadfranklin at yahoo dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:27:46 -0000
- Subject: Re: setup wishlist -- a 'hold' options
- References: <email@example.com>
Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> With the talk of a /etc/setuprc file and the email below on cygwin@,
> I thought I'd suggest a 'hold' option for the setup.exe wishlist.
> There are certain packages (like postgresql in this case) that some
> users *never* want to upgrade as long as the old version keeps
> working. (The 'hold' term is borrowed from apt.)
> This is just a suggestion for the long-term wishlist. No demands. :)
Added to wishlist.