This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: String and std::string
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:22:27 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: String and std::string
On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:
> >> Are there any features String has but std::string does not?
> > Except for casecompare() I think not. Of course you can perform
> > caseless comparison with std::string. It's just a bit tricky :).
> > Hint: char_traits.
> What fun. I think it's time to improve my STL knowledge.
Not STL, C++ :)
> > There was a short discussion in the
> > past about this I think.
> Can anyone point me to it? "String" doesn't make a very good search term!
Look for 'japanese' :)) You'll find it easily. There are other interesting
topic around that one.