This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: String and std::string
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:08:45 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: String and std::string
On 21 Mar 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
> this may well. Look in the g++ library for freeze() (again, IIRC). The
> thing I saw when I was reading the source, was that the internal buffer
> was not delete'd once it was handed out via c_str(). That was with the
> libstc++ for gcc 2.95 as well. I've just checked the g++ 3
> implementation, and it's different to what I recall from before...
gcc 2.95.x has many problems in its standard c++ library
implementation. I remeber seeing some implementations returning the
internal pointer directly. I had many problem with iostreams with gcc
2.95.x - I real nightmare.