Re: ATTN: Apache, Perl, Python, and Exim maintainers

tolj at wapme-systems dot de wrote:
Jason,

I concur with the above and I ask you again: Please release updated
package(s) without the broken rebase ASAP.  Your packages corrupt DLLs
for Me users and are becoming to be a (rebase) support burden.

ok, I'll even update the packages, even while we still have a serious
connection problem in apache.

I think he was intending to say: bump the mod_php4 package by a single revision (from 4.2.0-1 to 4.2.0-2) and repackage it w/o the rebase binary. Then add rebase as a depend to the setup.hint and modify the post-install accordingly. I agree that it would be most prudent to wait until you're comfortable with the newer versions before releasing them.

Cheers,
Nicholas