Re: PCRE package for consideration

Hallo Ronald,

Am Donnerstag, 17. April 2003 um 14:01 schriebst du:

> I've finished packaging a (first try at) the PCRE package, version
> 4.2, for your consideration.

I wonder about all the ON_WINDOWS and NOT_ON_WINDOWS stuff in the
Makefile.in, why is it used for Cygwin?   CYGWIN != WINDOWS
I changed parts in Makefile.in (added 2x -no-undefined and the comment
which defines Cygwin == Windows) and changed configure.in (removed
Cygwin definitions) and it builds after replacing[1] the included
ltmain.sh from libtool-1.4.3 with the Cygwin libtool-devel version
(works with minor problems with the Cygwin libtool called
libtool-devel, see the install() in the script which I extended
therefore).

[1] = relibtoolizing et.al. with the included reconf-cygwin.sh
      shellscript

Also I would like to see the huge HTML docu in the binary distribution
(I changed the build script to install it, too).

The additional flag -no-undefined can be provided as a patch to the
original source since it should be no problem to use this on Unix too.

Attached the patch and the changed buildscript and my testlog.

I built with utf8 support (why is not-utf8 the default?).

Please try it;)

./pcre-4.2-1.sh prep
./pcre-4.2-1.sh conf
./pcre-4.2-1.sh test