Re: astksh review

alcocer@helixdigital.com wrote:
On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:09:46AM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

I created the ksh symlink so users wouldn't have to edit their shebang lines to point to `/bin/pdksh' but now we have the proper ksh (available) I suppose I could get rid of it. What's the feeling?

We could do one of

 1. Remove the ksh symlink from the pdksh package.
 2. Rename ksh.exe (in astksh) to astksh.exe and have a ksh symlink to
    astksh.exe
 3. Maybe only two options. :-)

these?

How about:
    4. Deprecate the pdksh package.

Now that we have the real, honest-to-goodness ksh, do we really need
pdksh? Just a suggestion...

I totally agree, there is no reason why pdksh should be the default ksh. Let users make the symlink themselves. We should always allow "The Real Thing" to trump some knockoff...

[Still trying to dig out from under a backlog...]