This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Preremove section in http://cygwin.com/setup.html
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:04:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: Preremove section in http://cygwin.com/setup.html
- References: <59A835EDCDDBEB46BC75402F4604D55201514C36@elmer> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:25:06PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Sat, 24 May 2003, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
>> > Actually, all us package maintainers ought to do a better job
>> > including "pre-remove" scripts in addition to post-install scripts,
>> > that would clean up anything created by the postinstaller. Yep --
>> > setup supports this -- but most maintainers (I'm guilty here...) don't
>> > bother:
>> I never heard about "pre-remove" support in setup,
>> http://cygwin.com/setup.html has nothing about.
>Attached is a patch to <http://cygwin.com/setup.html> that talks about
>preremove scripts and brings the postinstall section up to date. I'm
>targeting it here rather than to the main cygwin list because IMO it is of
>more interest to this audience, having to do with package maintenance and
>setup.exe. I can also check this in if it's approved.
Looks good to me but I'd like to get Robert's ok, too.