This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated Package: Whois 4.6.6
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Mark Bradshaw <bradshaw at staff dot crosswalk dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:35:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Updated Package: Whois 4.6.6
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Mark Bradshaw wrote:
> I've got new whois 4.6.6 packages ready for upload. They are built against
> 1.5.0, so I guess they need to be set as Test packages. The URL is:
> Mark Bradshaw
You'll need to set the packages up as test packages yourself, in your
setup.hint. You could probably do it by simply adding the
lines to your setup.hint, but I may have missed something.
Also, it looks like you're using this as an opportunity to upgrade the
package to a new upstream release, as well. You may want to first release
the new version compiled against 1.3.22, and then release 4.6.6-2 compiled
against 1.5.0. Again, it's your choice as the maintainer.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton