This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: jgraph review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:51:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: jgraph review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > @ jgraph
> > date : 12 Jul 2003
> > version: 8.3-1
> > status : not reviewed
> > notes : http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-07/msg00154.html
> > votes : 2 (Elfyn and Hack)
> > url : http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/jgraph/jgraph-8.3-1.tar.bz2
> > http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/jgraph/jgraph-8.3-1-src.tar.bz2
> > http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/jgraph/setup.hint
> OK, I've been reviewing jgraph. I tried out the examples, they all worked,
> though I might add a note in the README noting that the user needs to extract
> the .gz files to build all examples.
> It's a really cool package, builds and works cleanly OOTB, the packaging is
> perfect, and guys, if you don't vote for it we'll have to remove Igor's voting
> privs. ;-)
Thanks for the review, Elfyn!
I've updated the package files (same URLs as above):
- added the Graphics category to setup.hint
- changed the makefile so that 'make examples' builds all examples with no
extra steps (i.e., gunzip)
- added a note in the README about one of the examples needing 'spline'
(which is not currently available in Cygwin - 'plotutils', here I come!)
I guess all I need now is one more vote. ;-)
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton