This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: exim and gdbm
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:27:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: exim and gdbm
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 09:48:28PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Bad news:
> The new gdbm library can't open old gdbm files because
> an internal structure has changed size.
> Good news (at least for exim users):
> Exim keeps no essential info in its db files.
> All files in /var/spool/exim/db should be deleted when
> installing the new gdbm.
Wouldn't it make sense to add that to the postinstall script? This
might get rid of a couple of "Exim 1.5.0 not work" questions on the ML.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.