This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:06:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.56.0307221353560.1846@eos>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 01:59:34PM -0500, Brian Ford wrote:
> Just one last clarification. If stuff.exe also calls lseek, it will get
> lseek64 at link time, and foo.dll will still use lseek. So, they each
> operate seperately, but happily, be it in their respective 64 or 32 bit
Yes. But be aware of trouble. Mostly not with big files (these are
seldom) but with uids and gids > 64K. In the above scenario, a call
to getuid() in stuff.exe might return the value 65537. In foo.dll, the
same uid is returned as 1 (I hope that's obvious). So the application
and the dll are acting on different users from their point of view...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.