This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building setup.exe
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "John Morrison" <john dot r dot morrison at ntlworld dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:21:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: Building setup.exe
- References: <NCEBJJFMCAOKNNABBFIMAEFFECAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
John Morrison wrote:
> Hi Max,
> Please excuse me for writting to you off list, but I
> am trying to compile the setup app. Again.
You are excused, since I definitely want to help people compile setup, but
I'm redirecting to the list, as this is relevant there, too.
> I've a full installation of Cygwin, then, using
> <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html> as a
> $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps co setup
> <snip>co messages</snip>
> $ cd setup/libgetopt++/
> $ ./bootstrap.sh
> <snip>bootstrap messages</snip>
> $ cd ..
./configure -C --enable-dependencies --disable-shared --host=i686-pc-mingw32
> --build=i686-pc-cygwin 'CC=gcc -mno-cygwin'
> 'CXX=g++ -mno-cygwin' --enable-maintainer-mode
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
> What did I miss out? Can you help?
It seems the instructions are out of date.
You need to run ./bootstrap.sh in setup (and it will recurse into
Robert: May I commit an appropriate re-wording to the webpage?