Re: Updated: Pine-4.58-1

*** Jan Nieuwenhuizen (janneke@gnu.org) wrote today:

:) The source tarball:
:)
:) >> http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/cygwin/pine-4.58-1-src.tar.bz2
:)
:) contains a patch in CYGWIN-PATCHES.  AFAIK, the pine license does not
:) allow distribution of patched binaries:

Jan,

  Thank you for asking. Part of the answer to your question is in the
archives of this mailing list.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-04/msg00183.html

The other part of the answer was the private communication between the
Pine team and me before I sent that message.  The bottom line of our
communication was that there was no problem as long as I don't start
distributing my patches (as the ones that you find in my web page, see
below).

One of the reasons why it took so long to release this version of Pine was
because I talked to them about making these modifications, from where part
of the patch came. I wanted to be sure that the new modifications were
alright with them. They sent me the necessary modifications for Pine to
work in Cygwin.

  I hope this answers your question.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/