This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: lesstif & tetex-x11 manpages not in MANPATH directory
- From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:22:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: lesstif & tetex-x11 manpages not in MANPATH directory
- References: <Pine.WNT.4.58.0310041904340.1920@pervalidus>
This was an oversite, not a decision. It will be fixed when I have time.
Thanks for alerting me.
Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
The latest LessTif & TeTeX packages are installing manpages into
/usr/X11R6/share/man/man1, but /etc/man.conf doesn't include this path
in the MANPATH settings.
And maybe it should follow the FHS and instead use
/usr/X11R6/man/man1 since share for man (and info) pages is
should only be used in /usr.
BTW Harold, I hope
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg01431.html is on