This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Subversion package maintainer
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Dave Slusher" <mailinglist at moribund dot ath dot cx>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 00:53:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: Subversion package maintainer
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dave Slusher wrote:
> # Setup.hint for Subversion
> #@ subversion-client # do I need this line?
See CGF's email.
> sdesc: "Client for Subversion revision control system"
> ldesc: "Subversion is a revision control system meant to improve upon CVS.
> has most CVS features, and adds the ability to version directories,
> and file metadata. It has atomic commits - no part of a commit takes
> until the entire commit has succeeded. Revision numbers are per-commit,
> per-file; log messages are attached to the revision, not stored
> as in CVS. The commands have deliberately been kept as similar as possible
> CVS to facilitate ease-of-use of Subversion for those familiar with CVS.
> This is a client only build."
I haven't actually *tested* it, but svnserve seems to build fine.
> category: Devel
> requires: cygwin apache expat
Why the dependency on apache?
What do you plan to do about neon, apr and apr-util ?