This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Aupdated: antiword-0.34-2, please upload
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:17:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Aupdated: antiword-0.34-2, please upload
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hallo PPLMAPU,
> I've updated antiword, now the annoying "syntax Error in: ..." messages
> (which actually aren't errors) are gone, please upload:
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm still getting the error:
$ cd /tmp/apps/antiword
$ wget http://anfaenger.de/cygwin-1.5/antiword/antiword-0.34-2.tar.bz2
$ tar xjf antiword-0.34-2.tar.bz2
$ ln -s /tmp/apps/antiword/usr/share/antiword ~/.antiword
$ usr/bin/antiword.exe -m cp1251.txt
Syntax error in: '0x98 #UNDEFINED'
I've tried building from source in order to debug this, but the patch did
not apply cleanly; due to the DOS line endings in most of it. That may be
the reason why the binary package still contains the older versions of the
codepage translation files.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton