This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] freetype2 2.1.5
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:18:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITP] freetype2 2.1.5
- References: <3F95C841.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Harold L Hunt II wrote:
Original from http://www.freetype.org/
Questions for other maintainers
1) freetype2 is built as part of XFree86 right now as a shared library,
but configuring with --enable-shared and --disable-static doesn't
produce a .dll when building the standalone tree.
2) Any tips for getting the standalone tree to emit a shared library? I
tried relibtoolizing it (aclocal, autoheader, autoconf, libtoolize,
forcing copy of files) to no avail.
Well, it's a bit confusing to me without actually running configure
myself, but I can't tell if fontconfig really actually use
autoconf/automake/libtool "the right way", or if instead it merely uses
them to generate a JamFile for the 'jam' package building tool.
3) There is a warning coming from libtool:
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
Well, that's either (a) a warning that the relevant libtool link command
line does not contain the "-no-undefined" flag, which indicates that the
maintainer asserts that the library will have no undefined symbols at
link time, or (b) an indication that, contrary to expectations, the
library DID have undefined symbols at link time.
When I get a chance, I'll download your source and see what I can make
of it. Ping me if you don't hear in a few days.