This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Do X-related packages developed by myself need ITPs?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:41:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: Do X-related packages developed by myself need ITPs?
- References: <3F9C3F6B.email@example.com> <3F9D9C7F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>Should I be doing ITPs and waiting for votes? Is there a less-formal
>process that package posters use (e.g. Hey, look at this, if no one
>complains, then I am posting it.)?
>If this isn't interesting for cygwin-apps then just let me know and I
>will send review requests but not an ITP.
>As I said before, I felt kind of quilty that I could just upload
>whatever I wanted... but if everyone is okay with that, then I shouldn't
>be cluttering this list.
I've always considered the xfree86 part of the release as your fiefdom.
However, I think that the ITP and review process is extremely valuable,
so if you want to avail yourself of it, I think that the packages will
benefit, assuming that there are people here who are willing to review
So, it's your call either way.