Re: 3270 package naming (Re: Pending Packages List, 2003-10-17)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> > Package: suite3270 3.2.20-1
> >    Proposer: Peter A. Castro
> > suite3270-common  [3270 Emulator Suite (common)]
> > c3270  [3270 Emulator (Curses)]
> > pr3287  [3287 Printer Emulator]
> > s3270  [3270 Emulator (Scripted)]
> > tcl3270  [3270 Emulator (Tcl)]
> > x3270  [3270 Emulator (X-Windows)]
>
> This package naming scheme would scatter the seperate packages throughout
> the alphabetic setup listing. Wouldn't using the pattern of "suite3270-*" be
> better?

I was initially a little worried about the name space issue, but up 'til
now, noone said anything.  Each of these was intended to be an
independent package, but collectively they are all part of a suite of
emulators, so I can see your point.  I've already responded in other
email (I'll rework the packages to use a common base name), but since you
were the first to suggest it, I felt obligated to respond.  Thanks for
the suggestion!

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>