This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ITP] tclcl - Ready for review [Need help on linking to Tcl]
- From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:38:52 -0500
- Subject: [ITP] tclcl - Ready for review [Need help on linking to Tcl]
Original from http://otcl-tclcl.sourceforge.net/tclcl/
TclCL (Tcl with classes) is a Tcl/C++ interface used by Mash, vic, vat,
rtp_play, ns, and nam. It provides a layer of C++ glue over OTcl.
Questions/Notes for Cygwin developers
1) I had to build tclcl as a static library because it tries to link to
Tcl_CreateFileHandler and Tcl_DeleteFileHandler. Linking to a shared
version of Tcl reports that these are unresolved symbols. This seems to
be a long-standing issue for Cygwin and it doesn't seem fixable.
2) There are Win32-compatible work-arounds in the code to avoid using
Tcl_*FileHandler, but I have not reviewed the work-arounds thoroughly
enough to determine if they will actually work with Cygwin.
3) I would appreciate any help here... just a note saying "yes, those
functions still do not exist and will not exist in the future" would be
sufficient. I always hate Googling for hours to find the status of
something, making a release based on what I found, then finding out that
my research was flawed. :)
Changes from original ITP
1) Ripped out broken Makefile.in build system and replaced with automake
2) Modernized autoconf usage.
3) Ripped out hand-crufted code for shared libraries and replaced it
with libtoolized build.
Remember, the goal here is to get NS (the network simulator) working and
packaged for Cygwin.
category: Libs Devel
requires: cygwin tcltk
ldesc: ""TclCL (Tcl with classes) is a Tcl/C++ interface used by Mash,
vic, vat, rtp_play, ns, and nam. It provides a layer of C++ glue over
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/tclcl/setup.hint (1 KiB)
Packages can be installed by pointing setup.exe to:
Please review this package if you can,