This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Review 2 - Good to go] gd: A graphics library for fast imagecreation
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:45:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Review 2 - Good to go] gd: A graphics library for fast imagecreation
- References: <BAY2-DAV22TSA0tOsXU00004d5a@hotmail.com>
>>>>> "Gareth" == Gareth Pearce <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Hmm... just noticed that you have libgd2 and libgd2-devel... I was under
>> the impression that you should stick the DLL version in the libgd
>> package name, which you did, but I thought that the DLL version number
>> was *not* included in the -devel package name.
>> It seems to me that the devel package should be called:
>> Anyone care to comment on this?
Gareth> It would be nice to say that versioned devels are never necessary, but
Gareth> unless the internals of the package are designed so as to be able to coexist
Gareth> with future version devels (like libgd2 would be), there isn't any point
Gareth> versioning them, and hence should not be so.
I'll change it to not include the version number.