This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:20:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307151958030.2596@ellixia> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3EEA0FC4.D2AC34BD@ieee.org> <20030613192722.GW30116@cygbert.vinschen.de> <3F144BC9.76418A30@ieee.org> <Pine.CYG.4.55.0307151958030.2596@ellixia> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20031119091804.GZ18706@cygbert.vinschen.de> <20031119093709.GA9027@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:18:04AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:43:45PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> > > Review? Vote?
> > Review: The only problem I found was the naming of the source package.
> > It's missing the -1 and the source directory within is missing the -1,
> > too.
> > Vote: +3 from me.
> Oh, btw., why does minires export the symbols with leading underscores?
> This results in a problem with configure, e. g.:
> , [ AC_CHECK_LIB(resolv, res_query, LIBS="$LIBS -lresolv") ]
> won't work.
Because minires is using include files from bind, and bind does it for
reasons I don't
know (older binds don't do it). There is no switch in the .h file to avoid
issue has already been pointed out to me and I did some research. It has
up elsewhere too, e.g.
Given that bind does it, I am surprised that modern configures still choke,
an area I know little about. Advice welcome.
I will fix the -1 in the source package. Also should the package be renamed