This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[Review - Not yet] tcm
- From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Cc: daniel at daniel-boesswetter dot de
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:02:26 -0500
- Subject: [Review - Not yet] tcm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I just reviewed your tcm package:
Package: tcm 2.20-1 [2003-01-27]
Description: Toolkit for Conceptual Modeling (TCM)
Proposer: Daniel Boesswetter
Good to go: Charles Wilson (cygwin-apps-thread.11851) (once problems are addressed)
Problems: So, here's the question for the list. For the cygwin-specific README in a X-related package, where should it go? (cygwin-apps-thread.11851)
Status: Attained required 3 votes. Package available. Reviewed.
HOLD-UPS: Unresolved minor problems.
1) You have made a lot of changes. Is there any chance that these
patches will be excepted into the upstream tcm package? I'm a little
nervous having this many changes in place that aren't properly #if'd
since the next upstream release might not have all of this stuff and the
packge will become unmaintained unless you are around to get those
patches adapted for the next version.
2) There is no build script. I know that packages without build scripts
are still allowed, and I used to make them myself since I thought they
were really tough... but now they save me so much time that I won't
release a package without them and I shy away from reviewing a package
that doesn't have one. If you don't want to make the script, then I
could make it for you (after you tell me what you are going to do
regarding all the changes in #1).
Awaiting your input,