This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: "'cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:05:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Globally creating a user and a group "root"
- References: <CCD084B0E779D411A70300508B66222605A330E4@exchukahis02.experian.co.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 12:53:01PM -0000, Morrison, John wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > There is! The passwd tool in the current snapshots already have the
> > option -e to switch expiry off. If you have another look into the
> > script, you'll see that I check the version number of passwd, so I
> > know if it already has that functionality or not ;-)
> Ahh, totally missed that. Would it be best to release the new
> passwd tool before this script is included?
I'm not planning to do this in a rush. I'm trying to get this done
step by step. Your script changes are actually the first step which
will hit our users. I think we will release Cygwin 1.5.6 before I
release the create-root script. Then we can switch over the services
as we see fit.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.