Re: ITP moratorium

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:02:48AM -0300, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>But taking a close look at article.db, it seems everything that goes to
>ports.html was or is in index.html ?

articles.db is the master source for the software and news.  You can
always check the web pages out via cvs if you are curious about how
things work.

>Example:
>
>Title:  BerkeleyDB 4.0
>
>A more recent version is in Cygwin. Not to mention the link is
>broken.

...which was *exactly* what you were going to research.  Why are you arguing
the point again?

>Frankly, I'd just get rid of all such news (the last was 6 months ago,
>and most are from 3-4 years ago) and only keep your "New Cygwin DLL"
>announcements.
>
>Or move it to a separate page, because there are so many ported
>application that it doesn't make much sense to only announce a dozen.

Since you didn't provide a diff, I just quickly went through the ported
software list and found that all of the links, except the one that you
mentioned are still active.  I didn't try to determine if the links
still provided a cygwin version of a package but I am satisified that
the list still serves its purpose.

Maybe we should start suggesting that people with random
of-use-to-only-a-few packages should just maintain a web site and submit
the package to this list.