Re: emacs 21.2-13 available

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Mar 16 14:54, Joe Buehler wrote:

I haven't uploaded anything in a while so please let me know if
there are any new requirements on the part of Cygwin package
maintainers or packages...

New GNU emacs package files are available at:

http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-21.2-13-src.tar.bz2
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-21.2-13.tar.bz2
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-X11/emacs-X11-21.2-13.tar.bz2
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-X11/setup.hint
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-ctags/emacs-ctags-21.2-13.tar.bz2
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-el/emacs-el-21.2-13.tar.bz2
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-el/setup.hint
http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/setup.hint

Changes:

- recompile against latest XFree86 (the major reason for this release)
- setup.hint changes due to rearrangements of various required runtime libraries
- moved documentation from /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc

Note that I'm not an emacs user so I can't tell if the binary works or
not.  These are just packaging observations:

- The info pages are still in /usr/info, they should be in /usr/share/info.

- Ditto for /usr/man vs. /usr/share/man.

- Don't supply emacs-ctags.  It conflicts with the ctags package which
  provides an emacs independent ctags (and etags).

- The emacs-21.2-13.tar.bz2 as well as the emacs-X11/emacs-X11-21.2-13.tar.bz2
  provide a /usr/bin/emacs.exe binary.  So the emacs packages conflict
  with each other.

I'd like to maintain the status quo for all of these to get this new version released as soon as possible. A -14 release can contain all of these fixes, and I agree that it should follow quickly.

Harold