Re: BLT

On Jul 22 14:50, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here are Cygwin packages for the BLT Tcl/Tk Extension library, a fairly
> popular set of extension widgets for Tcl/Tk.
> These are for use with the native Tcl/Tk libraries, not X11 builds.
>
>  http://www.santafe.edu/~mgd/cygwin/blt/blt-3.0-1-src.tar.bz2
>  http://www.santafe.edu/~mgd/cygwin/blt/blt-3.0-1.tar.bz2
>
> Here is the setup.hint file:
>
> category: Libs
> requires: tcltk
> sdesc: "Extension widgets for Tcl/Tk"
> ldesc: "BLT is an extension to the Tk toolkit, adding new widgets,
> geometry managers, and miscellaneous commands."

Looks like a nice package so +1 from me.  I've made a review and I'm
a bit surprised about the content of usr/lib.  There's a static lib
called libBLT30.a and a symlink to ../bin/cygBLT30.dll, but there's
no link library to link against the DLL, libBLT30.dll.a.  Does that
actually work for linking against the DLL?  I thought the .dll.a
lib is needed for that.

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.