Re: cygwin 1.5.10: ImageMagick 6.0.3 binaries fail

Hey man, ease. I've got it on my to-do list but right now our new baby takes priority. If you could help me out by telling other people to chill out for another week or so I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Harold

Chris January wrote:

I just updated my cygwin and related apps to the latest versions using the setup.exe tool. Things seemed to be working fine before the update, but now I have trouble running any ImageMagick tools.

For example, the following command and resulting error:
$ convert a.jpg b.png

assertion "list_info != (LinkedListInfo *) NULL" failed: file "/home/harold/ports/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.0.3/magick/hashmap.c",
line 1033

I've received this error with all of the ImageMagick binaries I've tried to run. Just thought I'd let people know and see if others out there get the same error.

I've attached the output from cygcheck -s -v -r in case anyone needs to look at it.

Can the ImageMagick maintainer (Harold) please take note of this as there
has been a slew of messages in this vein? Maybe it's a packaging problem as
it seems all the programs are failing this assertion.

Chris J