Re: ocaml-3.08.1-2

Hello Igor,

>> S.th. weird is going on there.
>> 1. I would like OCaml to produce .dll files, not .so files.

> Does it matter?  It didn't for me on WinXP, but may on other systems.

I will work, I have no problems with it as long as we are talking
about modules, but IMHO for libraries in /usr/bin we should use .dll.

>> 2. The name seems to be wrong, shouldn't it be cyglablglade2.so or
>> cyglablglade2.dll instead of dlllablglade2.so?

> Umm, yes, right now ocamlmklib will not do any name or path munging on the
> DLLs...  I don't know if it's needed.  The above is the name O'Caml uses
> on Linux, so...

Well, if that is the usual name for Linux.

> One solution is to munge the lablgtk build scripts for now (I had to do it
> with labltk, see the patch in the source package).  Eventually I'll need
> to fix ocamlmklib to "do the right thing"(tm), but until then it'll have
> to be done on a package-by-package basis. :-(

Hey, do we really need shared OCaml libs?  As long as cygwin in regard
to this is not supported from the upstream site I vote for not using
shared libs with OCaml, to much hassle with every potential OCaml
package.  Do you remember, Andrew already reported problems when he
builds the unison GUI version before shared libs were default, now it
would be even harder to find the right bits in the configure /
Makefile / ... scripts.

ocamlmklib really should create the importlibs automatically, even
then we'll have to add these all over the place in the Makefiles.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=