Re: ITP: mingw-bzip2, mingw-libbz2_1 (FYI)

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 01:21:21AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>As discussed ages ago, I've uploaded a new package to sourceware that
>contains a mingw-compiled version of bzip2.  Hopefully, this will allow
>cygwin utilities and tools, like setup.exe etc, that can't use
>cygiwn1.dll nor utility libs that depend on it, the ability to use bzip2
>compression in addition to the zlib compression provided by mingw-zlib.
> Without adding yet another copy of zlib|bzlib code to yet another
>repository.
>
>So maybe, just maybe, some of the multiple versions of zlib and bzlib in
>our repositories can start going away.  Maybe.

Cool.  Thanks Chuck.

Funny, but I thought that we'd discussed this a while ago for use with
cygcheck but now I can't see why cygcheck would need it.

Am I imagining things?  Didn't we decide that a bzip2 library would be
useful for more than just setup.exe for some reason?

cgf