This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what about a "Security" category?
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: "Mailing List: CygWin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:19:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: what about a "Security" category?
- References: <3F8534CB.email@example.com> <41DD37B2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41DD63CD.email@example.com>
Reini Urban wrote:
> Lapo Luchini schrieb:
>>> What about a "Security" category?
>> No one else would like it?
>> The number of pertinent packages is growing in time 0=)
> Which packages?
> We agreed to stay with the debian names only.
> Currently most of them are in "Net".
> Which non-Net packages should go to such a Security category?
Personally I'd choose any program that uses cryptography directly (e.g.
I wound't include autossh as it is "simply" an openssh frontend) and/or
is useful to secure a system (an antivirus).
But of course the difference is subtle, progabnly autossh and stunnel
could be in too.
Probably I missed something...
firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)